Maintaining sense of humor is important under any circumstances, even when you really don’t feel like smiling… After the grueling and tiring campaign that we all just went through, it’s nice to take a breath of relief “it’s over!” and see some rare humorous moments that both – the re-elected President and Governor Mitt Romney displayed while attending the Alfred E. Smith Dinner, a benefit in which the Catholic Archdiocese of New York’s hosts the presidential candidates.
Excerpts from speeches:
1. “I’m still making the most of my time in the city, earlier today I went shopping at some stores in Midtown. I understand Governor Romney went shopping for some stores in Midtown.”
2. “Ultimately though, tonight’s not about the disagreements Governor Romney and I may have. It’s what we have in common, beginning with our unusual names. Actually Mitt is his middle name- I wish I could use my middle name.”
3. “Of course world affairs are a challenge for every candidate. After- some of you guys remember- after my foreign trip in 2008 I was attacked as a celebrity because I was so popular with our allies overseas and I have to say I am impressed with how well Governor Romney has avoided that problem.”
1. “Of course we’re down to the final months of the Presidents term, as presidents — as President Obama surveys the Waldorf banquet room with everyone in white tie and finery you have to wonder what he’s thinking “So little time, so much to redistribute.” And don’t be surprised if the President mentions this evening the monthly jobs report where there was a slight improvement in the numbers. He knows how to seize the moment, this President, and already has a compelling new campaign slogan “You’re better off now than you were four weeks ago.”
2. “Campaigns can be grueling, exhausting, President Obama and I are each very lucky to have one person who is always in our corner. Someone who we can lean on and someone who’s a comforting presence without whom we wouldn’t be able to go on with the day. I have my beautiful wife, Ann, he has Bill Clinton.”
3. “Let’s just say that some in the media have a certain way of looking at things. When suddenly I pulled ahead in some of the major polls, what was the headline? “Polls show Obama leading from behind.” And I have already seen early reports from tonight’s dinner,” headline: Obama embraced by Catholics, Romney dines with rich people.”
Millen has a way of opening up conversations that not only make you feel safe to talk about money, but her questions have been so profound that they have made immediate shifts in my mindset and my circumstances have changed almost immediately too, including more money showing up, but more importantly, more and more opportunities. I have found new and inspired direction, and am feeling a lot more peaceful and excited about life in general. Millen offers so much value and a solid advice! She is a big picture thinker and it is infectious! Thank you, Millen, from the bottom of my heart and the top of my soul.
Millen Livis is a gift to humanity. Millen is very generous with her time and energy, sharing her vast life experiences and strengths, empowering me to become a better human being. Millen has impacted my life spiritually, emotionally, physically and financially, by her encouragement and clarity. I have not said, “Thank you!” enough.
Millen brings together an interesting mix of feminine wisdom, clear logic, assertiveness and humility in all of her interactions. With her warmth, intelligence, diverse experience and passion for ‘Dare to be the best you could be’ message, she inspires other women to reach for the goals they set for themselves.
Using laser like energy, Millen gives her full attention to your issue and stays with it until a satisfactory resolution or conclusion is reached. Open minded, yet direct and honest, Millen balances objectivity with compassion. It is a joy to work with her!
I would LOVE to help you create your highest VISION.
Let's get on a call and connect. There’s no obligation whatsoever, guaranteed!
BEST THINGS come to those who seize the moment.