Do you remember that in Essential #4 for creating Wealth and Success, I talked about the importance of feeling rich and living wealthy regardless of your current financial situation?
To feel rich and live wealthy, in addition to everything else that I shared with you earlier, you’ve got to take on the identity of a rich person! Start with thinking like a rich person and normalizing your new, wealthy reality and focus on experiences that confirm (to your own logical mind) that you already have wealth.
Make feeling wealthy your new NORMAL.
I encourage you to practice the following:
- Develop Confident Decisiveness – train yourself to take bold decisive actions and be responsible for the outcome.
- Be willing to take risk (calculated risk).
- Don’t be afraid of failures – see them as Valuable Growth Lessons. “Failures” are the bricks to your road to success. Many people “failed” their way to riches.
- Play to WIN, NOT not to lose (and be willing to leave the Good to welcome the Great).
Fortune favors the bold.
So, the Essential # 7 for Creating Wealth and Success is:
Be Willing to Take Risk.
You’ve got to be in a game and be OK with losing in order to learn and grow.Yes, you’ve got to PRACTICE taking decisive actions and be willing to take risk.
Not ‘gambling’ type of risk! Mindful risk.
And often this entails to be willing to leave the Good to welcome the Great.
Here’re some examples from my own life when I did exactly that:
- Invested in the stock market to raise money for the down-payment on our first house
- Left my marriage… left everything behind – the gorgeous house, the comfort of 2 incomes…and re-starting my NEW LIFE in a tiny apartment near my job.
- Left my well-paid and prestigious Wall Street career and went back to the Business School in my mid 40’s, then started my own investment company
- Started my wealth mentoring business, put myself out there to support other women on the journey to wealth and freedom. My remarkable life didn’t happen overnight. My CHOICES shaped me and my life’s trajectory.
And a few of these choices were risky. I was (for the most part) playing to WIN, NOT not to lose. I was scared… often.
Yet I was willing (and it was REALLY scary) to Leave the Good in order to Welcome the Great.
Obviously, different people have different tolerance for risk. Be aware of your risk tolerance, respect it yet see if you can stretch it a bit…and a bit more…and more.
Fortune favors the bold.
The suggestions offered here may feel like scary or crazy… Keep practicing them anyway.
Things will start shifting… your feelings will change, your energy will change….
You will start creating and experiencing forward-moving momentum.
Synchronizations and serendipitous experiences will be happening, you will start attracting good opportunities instead of repelling them.
Risk is embedded in any business or investing decisions.
Nothing is guaranteed in life (except taxes and death.)
BUT it doesn’t mean that you should stay away from any endeavors that involve risk, not at all!
Instead, you’ve got to:
- Become aware of your particular risk tolerance and;
- Take decisions that involve measured/mindful risk so that your possibility for success exceeds the possibility of loss
- Your loss will not put you into despair and make you lose sleep
- Develop courage and Be Willing to Leave the Good to Welcome the Great.
Comment below and tell me how this Essential #7 lands on you…. What resonated? What did not?
To your health wealth & Happiness
P.S. If you want to be part of a supportive community of the like-minded women, join us FREE here >>> Wealth Building for Powerful Women Community