“In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Money is an interesting indicator of our state of mind. Emotions like paralyzing fear, envy, revenge, resentment, scarcity, hatred or bitterness usually reflect less than desirable state of financial affairs in our lives. On the other hand, emotions like peacefulness, kindness, contentment, appreciation, happiness, joy, love and serenity reflect the state of mind that is open to receive the abundance that Universe has for everyone…. Among many things, money is a language we use to express the best in us and the worst in us.
Your pursuit of wealth and financial freedom may reflect your intention to feel free and fulfilled, to communicate love and empowerment to others and to express kindness and generosity toward the less fortunate. Conversely, the pursuit of more money can be driven by various forms of fear—anger, insecurity, jealousy, or revenge. The latter often leads to disappointments, victim mentality and comparisons.
I invite you to use your “FEEL GOOD” compass to determine your “abundance receiving state”. When you feel good about yourself and your life, you are OPEN TO RECEIVE the goodness into your life: you attract and see opportunities; you get inspired by possibilities; you act assertively to realize them.
Training your busy mind to focus on what works in your life; practicing seeing abundance all around you and experiencing it inside your body takes discipline and practice. Committing to daily “success rituals”, journaling; creating a dream-board of your dream life, making time for play and for stillness; quieting your mind by meditating and visualizing your amazing abundant life will help you get into a vibrational state that is aligned with infinite possibilities, prosperity and abundance.
Stuart Wilde writes in his book The Little Money Bible: “Once you get real, all your energy can go toward becoming what you really need and want to become. That transformation must be part of your story in this lifetime. Making money is not enough—you will have to do something that has meaning.”
I am a real worshiper of freedom—personal and financial. It is my belief that you cannot have one without the other. Having wealth doesn’t guarantee you personal freedom. Conversely, having personal freedom without financial independence hinders your ability to have a joyful, fulfilling life.
Achieving financial freedom in your life requires cultivating a financial freedom attitude. Developing a wealth plan and an appreciation for building wealth, committing to practicing financial discipline as well as the mindset of sufficiency will get you to this worthy goal.
A person with the financial freedom attitude values freedom more than material possessions, is uncomfortable with having debt and appreciates saving and investing. A person with a financial slavery attitude values possessions more than financial independence; is not worried about accumulating debt and spends carelessly.
From my own practice of abundance consciousness and the quest for personal and financial freedom, I’ve compiled a ‘big picture’ list of guidelines that I follow and invite you to do the same on your journey.
13 Guidelines for Achieving
- Commit to becoming Financially Free. Invest in yourself by upgrading your knowledge and skills, practice “success rituals” daily, become unstoppable yet patient; persevere and enjoy the journey!
- Develop your personalized Wealth Plan. Have Clarity and Direction. Think big, start where you are and take inspired actions, no matter how small they may be at the moment.
- Get Guidance and Support. We all need guidance from people who’ve achieved what we want to achieve. No need to feel “alone against the world” – ask for help.
- Take control and assume full responsibility for your money and your financial goals. Learn practical money management tools and financial discipline.
- Follow the Financial Freedom rules. Spend less, earn more, borrow less, get creative about finding additional streams of income.
- Eliminate debt as soon as possible. Start with the one that has the highest interest rate. Be aware of compound interest that you pay upon borrowing.
- Strive to have multiple streams of passive income. This is a cornerstone of financial security and independence. This is your ultimate goal and it may take time.
- Develop discipline by growing your “money-jars” – spending, saving and investing.
- Don’t trust empty promises. Don’t let people convince you to invest with them. Do your own thorough due-diligence and see the value of the investment yourself. Past performance is not a reason to take chances with your money!
- Invest in what you know or learn about the area of your investment. For example, real estate, precious metals, stock market.
- Learn about risk management practices. These include diversification, asset allocation, position allocation, time horizon.
- Pay attention to the economic environment. Identify and ride the waves of the rising market; be aware of forming bubbles (e.g. internet stocks in the late 1990-s, real estate in 2007); get out before bubbles burst. All markets are cyclical; whatever goes up must go down.
- Live rich! Notice, enjoy and appreciate the abundance in your everyday life. Most of what you need to be happy doesn’t cost much. Your feelings create your experiences including those related to wealth. Set your intentions from the place of sufficiency; strive for what you believe in, act confidently.
Discover what works for you. If some of these ideas are new, challenge yourself to learn more! Take small steps if you must, examine your money habits, continue cultivating abundance consciousness and upgrade your knowledge and skills if needed. Believe that financial freedom is achievable regardless of where you begin… as long as you have a strong DESIRE TO BE FREE. Ignite your passion and expect miracles!
Would you like to get support on YOUR journey to Financial Freedom? I thought so! That’s why I formed an intimate Facebook group of amazing, talented and driven women who are aspired, just like you, to become financially free. Interested?
Here where you can join: Wealth Building for Powerful Women: Make Your Money Work for You
To your Health, Wealth and Freedom!
With Love and Gratitude,
p.s. DOWNLOAD your Free Wealth Planner HERE